Facebook is the largest Social Media Channel with over 500 million active users of whom 50% log in on a daily basis (Source KissMetrics) . Knowing this, how can one ensure meaningful Facebook Customer Engagement? It is getting difficult to get organic engagement on Facebook. I hear it everyday from my customers, they are losing traction on Facebook. Their number of Likes keeps going down. What’s going on?
Getting organic results on Facebook for business means engaging your target audience, getting their interest, making them want to learn more, and encouraging them to share. It also means sometimes paying to do a post boost or advertise for Likes.
How to post to Facebook to ensure meaningful engagement?
If you use Facebook for business, you can use these tips to boost your Facebook Customer engagement levels:
- Go for quality over quantity. Don’t post something just to post something. Every thing you put on Facebook for business purposes should be high-quality, relevant, and engaging.
- Short and sweet. Many people see a lot of content on Facebook. They skim to see what is interesting. You need to keep your message short to grab their attention.
- Add something eye-catching to your post. As said before, people skim Facebook. Great photos, illustrations, or infographics are going to catch their eye and spark their interest.
- Share exclusive material and offers with your Facebook followers. Facebook is not only a great sharing site. It is also a great place to offer special info or deals to reward your followers.
- Respond to your customers. If your customers post a comment or question, respond to it. Using Facebook for business demands that you engage in a two-way conversation. Even a simple thank you for a compliment will do it.
- Post special content and offers around holidays. When you give your audience something special for Valentine’s Day, Cyber Monday, or New Year’s, you will get them talking and sharing.
- Don’t forget to keep your audience data up to date. Facebook has taken to removing any inactive or memorialized accounts. So don’t be worried if you see your numbers going down. Having a bunch of inactive users in your audience data will throw your numbers way off anyways.
If Organic Methods are not Working – Pay to advertise!
Advertising on Facebook is relatively inexpensive. It is not hard to keep the cost of per click down to under $1.00. Here are some simple tips to do it effectively:
- If you see that a particular post is doing well, boost it! Spending $20 on Facebook to boost a post can get a large number of impressions and show your post to people who may have otherwise missed it. This helps the engagement rate, and ultimately builds your interaction rate back up!
- If you notice that your likes have significantly gone down, advertise your page to get Likes. But make sure you select a relevant target demographic, getting Likes for a page from around the World if your business is locally based is a waste of money. You can get tips on how to select your target demographic here: https://www.facebook.com/business/a/online-sales/ad-targeting-details
If your posts are not getting the Likes they deserve, take action now. Remember Facebook for business requires ongoing attention.